The Top Five Regrets of The Dying
According to a report from The Guardian, here are the top five regrets of the dying that add insight into our own lives. A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is "I wish I hadn't worked so hard". What would be your biggest regret? Makes one think a bit.
1) I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. This was the most common regret of all.
2) I wish I hadn't worked so hard. Enough said.
3) I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings. Many people suppress feelings to make others happy.
4) I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. The youth of the world have it so easy now thanks to cell phones, and social media.
5) I wish I had let myself be happier. This response was extremely common with those surveyed. The song 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' comes to mind every now and then.
What's your greatest regret so far, and what will you set out to achieve or change before it is too late?