Rockford’s Women’s March is Happening This Saturday
All Rockford women, and supporters of women's rights, are encouraged to join the Women's March happening this Saturday, January 21, in downtown Rockford.
I am all about supporting women's rights, but I will admit when I first heard news of this March on Saturday, I had my reservations. I'm not in the business of voicing my political opinions publicly, so I was hesitant to join this cause because I was concerned it would be a protest against certain politicians or political parties. Well, good news, it is not. According to the Women's March Facebook event page;
We are non-partisan, and will NOT use the Women’s March to criticize politicians or political parties.
* We will use no violence (physical or verbal) towards any person.
* We will not destroy or damage property.
* We will promote a tone of respect, honesty, transparency, and accountability in our actions.
* We will not carry anything that can be construed as a weapon, nor possess (or consume) any alcohol or drugs.
* We will all hold each other accountable to respecting these agreements.
The Women's March will start at 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 21, 2017 at Lucette Salon & Spa located at 508 E State St in downtown Rockford and will end at Emmanuel Episcopal Church at 12 p.m. For more information, or ti RSVP for the event, go here.