New Chicago McDonald’s Showcases Food From Around the Globe and We’ll Take One of Everything
You and I already know that when it comes to world class cuisine, we don't have to travel very far to get it.
With seven restaurants named among the best in the world and one coming in at the top, it's only appropriate that Chicago up their international menu game by bringing it to the world's most popular fast food chain- McDonald's.
According to NBC Chicago, the McDonald's restaurant at the new Windy City headquarters, that opens today, will feature menu items from Canada, Australia, France, Hong Kong, and Brazil.
Gas up the car and get there because here is what you'll get to choose from off of a rotating menu:
- The McFlurry Prestigio from Brazil: vanilla soft serve, strawberry sauce and chocolate covered coconut bites.
- The Mozza Salad from France: pasta salad tossed in a balsamic dressing with roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, arugula leaves, crispy or grilled chicken and a breadstick.
- The Mighty Angus Burger from Canada: 1/3 pound angus burger topped with lettuce, onion, cheese, bacon and smoky angus sauce; all on a glazed poppy and sesame seed bun.
- Cheese and Bacon Loaded Fries from Australia: it's exactly how you imagine, their delicious, golden fries served with melted cheese and crispy bacon bits.
- The Manhattan Salad from France: Perfect for the calorie counters and health conscious, with a mix of lettuces, topped with grape tomatoes, dried cranberries and sliced apples, served with crispy or grilled chicken and a breadstick.
- McSpicy Chicken Sandwich from Hong Kong: This needs to be kept on the American menu- it's a spicy breaded and marinated chicken breast fried to crispy, served on a classic sesame seed bun with lettuce.
If you're not feeling full yet, there's more. Prepare to save all your calories and Weight Watchers points for the Latin American-style dessert center and power through the rest of your day with a caffeinated beverage from the Australian McCafe, where your coffee will be brewed and served by trained baristas.
Let's go right. Now.
The new McDonald's can be found at 110 N. Carpenter Street.