5 Illinois Foods That Are So Popular They Could Be Celebrities
If you're looking for some delicious meals Illinois is your place and here are five examples that made the food in our state famous.
Meals In Illinois Are A Foodies Dream
Illinois is definitely a foodie state led by the culinary capital, Chicago. There are so many different places to order a fantastic meal. Each one will give the eater a whole new experience. There are even foods that are known and enjoyed all over the world. Here are the top-rated ones that help put the Land of Lincoln on the eating map.
The Top Five Famous Foods From Illinois
- I know this is a strange entry to the list but honestly, it's true. When people from all over the world visit Chicago, Garrett Popcorn is definitely on the must-see list. They'll bring plenty home to enjoy later. It was even featured on an episode of "Modern Family."
#4 The Horseshoe
- This Frankenstein-style concoction was the brainchild of a central Illinois chef. It's an open-faced sandwich that features bread, meat, fries, and melted cheese. This meal is a staple at bars across the country.
#3 Italian Beef Sandwich
- This is a no-brainer. The most famous restaurant chain in Illinois is Portillo's. The most popular food on their menu is the Italian beef sandwich. All you have to do is walk into the place and see all the celebrity photos paying homage to this yummy dish.
#2 Deep Dish Pizza
- I would argue that all types are great in Illinois but if I had to choose one, it would be deep dish. It is also known as Chicago Style. Food fans from all over will mail order a frozen one just to try this famous pizza.
#1 Chicago Style Hot Dog
- Realistically, the top three famous Illinois foods could easily come in any order. They are all so well-known and loved. I guess this popular hot dog has a slight edge over the other two. It's a lifestyle for Chicagoans.