Happy National Dog Day! 20 Things You Can Do to Make your Dog Happy!
Today is National Dog Day. Each year, on August 26th, we celebrate man's best friend.
Nationaldogday.com says the holiday was created to encourage everyone to recognize that a large number of dogs need to be rescued every year, and recognizes family dogs and dogs that work selflessly each day to save lives, keep up safe and bring comfort.
According to the organizers of National Dog Day, there are many ways to help your dog and celebrate
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
- Have a safety check of your home to make sure it's safe for your dog and others.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
- Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells puppies.
- Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
- Order an adorable dog shaped flower arrangement from 1-800-Flowers.com and enjoy a 10% discount by using code DOG when placing your order!
- Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
- Spend the day taking photos of your dog and then enter our photo contest!
- Buy an official National Dog Day Tee here and sport it proudly!
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
- Have a portrait painted of your dog to suspend the fleeting magic of dogdom.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy....or two...or five.
- Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy play resort.
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
- Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
- Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
- Take your dog to the beach.
Don't forget to tune into Q98.5 for the Q98.5 Pet of the week every Wednesday at 8:40am
Share a picture of your dog!