Yuk! Wisconsin has 3 of the Rattiest Cities in America
Rats! This one list you don't want to be on. If you live in Wisconsin, you have a the unique distinction of having three of the 'rattiest' towns in America
Did you know that autumn marks the beginning of rodent season? Orkin Pest Control says that as the weather gets chillier, pests such as rats and mice seek out food, water and shelter to survive the winter, and that place is your warm apartment or house!
One thing I'm thankful for is the Rockford did not make this dubious list, and for that matter no towns in the Stateline Area, but travel east and you land in the city that ranks as the #1 rattiest city in all of America. Chicago!
But apart from Chicago, the rest of Illinois is off the 'rat list.' If you were to add in Illinois politicians, the count would probably go up.
Orkin conducted a study to determine where the rats are.
Here are Orkin's the 50 Rattiest Cities in America
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
- Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Miami-Ft. Lauderdale
- Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Hartford & New Haven, Conn.
- Portland, Ore.
- Raleigh-Durham, N.C.
- Milwaukee. WI
- Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, Va.
- Richmond-Petersburg, Va.
- Albany-Schenectady-Troy, N.Y.
- Charlotte, N.C.
- Buffalo, N.Y.
- Kansas City, Mo.
- Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, Calif.
- Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, Mich.
- Rochester, N.Y.
- West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, Fla.
- Columbus, Ohio
- New Orleans, La.
- Nashville, Tenn.
- Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville, S.C.
- Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, Mich.
- Albuquerque-Santa Fe, N.M.
- Portland-Auburn, Maine
- Green Bay-Appleton, Wis.
- Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, Fla.
- San Diego
- Burlington-Plattsburgh, Vt.
- Madison, Wis.
- Salt Lake City
Orkin points out that the Midwest has 13 cities in in the top 50, the highest in the country.