Weekend Roundup; Top Ten Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
The sad fact is, summer weekends are dwindling. Before you know it we will be shoveling snow instead of having fun. Yikes! Better get out and take advantage of everything the stateline has to offer this weekend with the family.
Here's your top 10 places to go this weekend:
- Rockford City Market - Friday. 3 to 8p.m. - On Water St. between State and Jefferson in downtown Rockford - Free admission - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Friday Night Flix - Friday, Davis Park in downtown Rockford - Gates open at 7p.m., movies begins at 8:45p.m. - Feature presentation : Disney's "Planes" - Free - Backup rain location is the BMO Harris Bank Center.
- Pro Rodeo Roundup - Friday and Saturday at 7p.m. - Lockwood Park at 5201 Safford Rd. in Rockford - $12 for adults, $8 children 4-12 at gate, kids 3 and under are free - rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood
- Cherry Valley Days - Friday through Sunday - Baumann Park at 218 S State St. in Cherry Valley - $6 at gate for a button good all weekend, $3 for Sunday only - Sunday is Q98.5 country day featuring Southern Charm, Olivia Devorak, Drew Baldridge and more - Complete lineup of events at valleydays.com
- Paranormal Tour - Friday 7 to 10p.m. - Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum at 411 Kent St. in Rockford - $25 for non-members - tinkercottage.com
- Crossroads Blues Festival - Saturday starting at 10a.m. - Lyran Park at 4781 S Bend Road in Rockford - $10 at gate, children 5 and under are free - Camping available for a fee - Call 733-932-7483 for more info.
- South Beloit Firefighter's 6th Annual Corn Boil - Saturday, 11a.m. to 11p.m. - South Beloit City Park at 400 Winnebago St. - Live music, bags and volleyball tournament, flea market, car show, bounce house for the kids, fireworks and more - free admission - southbeloitfire.com
- Japanese Summer Festival - Saturday and Sunday - Anderson Japanese Gardens at 318 Spring Creek Road in Rockford - Admission $8 for adults, $7 for seniors, $6 children, kids 4 and under are free - andersongardens.org
- Beatin' and Bangin' Boat Race - Saturday, 7:07p.m. - Rockford Speedway at 9572 Forest Hills Road in Loves Park - General admission starting at $15 for adults, $10 for students 12-17, $5 for children 6-11, 5 and younger are free - rockfordspeedway.com
- Q98.5 and YMCA Family Day at the Rockford Aviators - Sunday, at 5:05p.m. - Aviators Stadium at 4503 Interstate Blvd. in Loves Park - Plenty of family fun, and kids 12 and younger get in for just $2 - rockfordaviators.com
For more events, or to submit your upcoming event go here.
Have a great weekend!