Weekend Roundup; Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
Ready for some fun? There's plenty to go around this weekend!
Here's the top 10 things to do in the Stateline this weekend:
- Rockford City Market- Downtown Rockford on Water St. between State and Jeffereson - Friday 3 to 8pm - Free - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Main Street District 2 Block Party - Friday starting at 5pm, featuring headliner Rodney Atkins - $20 at the gate - More info Main Street District facebook page.
- Artists' Ensemble Theater performing "Crumbs From The Table of Joy" - Cheek Theatre at Rockford University - 8pm Friday, 4 & 8pm Saturday, 2pm Sunday - Tickets range from $10-$30 - artistsensemble.org or 815-394-5004.
- Starlight Theatre's "Spamalot" - Bengt Sjostrom Theatre at Rock Valley College - 8pm Friday, 2 and 8pm Saturday - $30 for adults, $25 for seniors and students - 815-921-2160.
- Giant Game Day - Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum & Gardens on Kent St. in Rockford - 1 to 4pm Saturday - $5 a game for adults, $4 a game ages 4-18, $20 for an ultimate gamer pass - tinkercottage.com or 815-964-2424.
- The Crossroads Blues Society's Field of Blues Festival - Aviators Stadium in Loves Park - Gates open at 11am Saturday - $15 at the gate, parking $2. All proceeds go to the Crossroads Blues in the Schools program - 779-537-4006.
- NHRA Nationals - Drag racing at the Route 66 Raceway in Joliet - Friday though Sunday - Ticket info at route66raceway.com or 888-629-RACE.
- "My Future is Bright" Movie Mornings - Woodward Technology Center at Rock Valley College - 10am Saturday - Free movie for kids 10 and younger - Popcorn, juice, and snacks provided - Feature presentation - "Frozen" - 815-921-1100.
- Heritage Days 2014 - Downtown Belvidere and Boone County Fairgrounds - 9am to dusk Saturday, 2pm to dark Sunday - Free admission - 815-544-2612 or Belvidere Heritage Days on facebook.
- Rockford Speedway - Forest Hills Road in Loves Park - Saturday, Gates open at 5pm, Racing starts at 7:07pm - Cool 5 Series and Star Spangled 76- lap feature race. - Tickets $5-$12 - rockfordspeedway.com.
Have fun ya'll, and be good!