Weekend Roundup; Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
It's the first weekend of fall, and the weather is going to be GORGEOUS! Take the family outdoors and have some fun!
Here's just a few of the things going on this weekend in the Stateline:
- Swedish American Hospital Craft and Bake Sale - Friday, 8a.m. - 5p.m. - 1401 E State St. in Rockford - Free admission - Crafts, vendors, and baked goods -Proceeds benefit United Way.
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3p.m. - 7p.m. - On Water St. between State and Jefferson in downtown Rockford - Only a few weeks left, market closes on October 17 - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Stillman Valley Fall Festival - Friday through Sunday - downtown Stillman Valley, IL - Carnival rides, food, craft, car, tractor and horticulture shows, a parade and more - Free admission - stillmanvalleyfallfestival.com
- "Seussical the Musical" - Friday, 7p.m., Saturday 2 and 6p.m., Sunday 2p.m. - Belvidere Performing Arts Center at 1500 East Ave. in Belvidere - $14 at door for adults, $12 at door for children 12 and younger, and seniors 55 and older - 815-904-4253 or thestudiorockford.com
- Charity Poker and Blackjack - Friday, 2p.m. to midnight - Sam's Ristorante at 6075 E Riverside Blvd. - Cash poker games, Hold 'em and tournaments, blackjack - For more information call 815-965-7852 or RCGpoker.com
- Fall Float on the Kish - Saturday, 10a.m. to Noon - Severson Dells Nature Center at 8786 Montague Road in Winnebago - Staff will lead you on a morning canoe trip - $20, or $5 if you bring your own canoe - Call 815-335-2915 to reserve your spot.
- Autumn Pioneer Festival - Saturday 9a.m. - 5p.m., Sunday, 10a.m. - 4p.m. - Boone County Conservation District at 603 N Appleton Road in Belvidere - Trip back to the 1800's with demonstrations of the lifestyles and crafts of the pioneers - Suggested $5 donation per family - Call 815-547-7935 for more information.
- Harlem United Methodist Church Annual Craft Fair - Saturday, 10a.m. - 3p.m. - 8401 N Alpine Road - Free admission - Call 815-633-1450 for more information.
- Murder Mystery Night: Victorian Light Party - Saturday, 6 - 9p.m. - Tinker Swiss Cottage at 411 Kent St. in Rockford - $25 admission, $20 for members - tinkercottage.com
- Gun and Knife Show - Saturday, 8a.m. - 4p.m., Sunday, 8a.m. - 3p.m. - Winnebago County Fairgrounds at 500 W First St. in Pecatonica - $5 for adults, kids 12 and younger are free