Weekend Roundup; Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
Don't have tickets to Country Thunder this weekend? That's ok! There is still plenty of fun to be had right here in the Stateline.
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3 to 8p.m. - Water St. between State and Jefferson in downtown Rockford - Free - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Friday Night Flix - Friday, gates open at 7p, movie begins at dusk - Davis Park in downtown Rockford - Feature presentation: The Sandlot - Free - Backup rain location is BMO Harris Bank Center.
- "Wizard of Oz" - Friday and Saturday 7:30p.m., Sunday at 2p.m. - Byron Civic Theatre at 805 N Colfax St. in Byron - $12 adulst, $10 seniors, $6 students and children - bctmagic.com
- Christmas in July at Magic Waters - Friday, 10a.m. to 9p.m. - Find out what Santa does in the summer, and register win over $10,000 worth of prizes - magicwaterswaterpark.com
- Zombie Mud Run - Saturday, 7a.m. - Byron Motorsports Park at 2525 E Ash Rd. in Byron - Gates open at 7a.m., run wave times begin at 9a.m. - Spectator tickets available - thezombiemudrun.com
- Fairy Festival - Saturday, 4 to 7:30p.m. - Womanspace at 3333 Maria Linden Dr. in Rockford - $20 adults, $15 ages 4-12 - Bring a picnic lunch and have fun with all kinds of fairy activities - 815-877-0118 for more info.
- Machesney Park Family Festival - Saturday, 10a.m. to 9:30p.m. - Machesney Town Center at 8750 N Second St. - Performers, children's activities, food, raffles, and fireworks - Free - 815-633-1960 for more info.
- Anderson Japanese Gardens Tea Ceremony - Saturday 11:30a.m. to Noon - Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony featuring a light meal called Tenshin - $45 - 815-316-2256 for more info.
- Murder Mystery Night - Saturday, 6 to 8p.m. - Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum at 411 Kent St. in Rockford - A roaring 20's themed party - Tickets $20-$25 - tinkercottage.com
- Aldersgate United Methodist Church Corn Boil - Sunday, 3 to 6:30p.m. - 4055 N Rockton Ave. - $7 adults, $2 for children 7 and younger - Includes unlimited sweet corn, a hot dog, dessert, and beverage - aldersgaterkfd.webs.com
If you have an event coming up, or would like to see more things to do in the area, check out the Q98.5 events page.
Have a great weekend!