Weekend Roundup; Top 10 Things To Do This Weekend in the Stateline
Santa Claus arrives at the Cherryvale Mall tonight, and there are a whole bunch of craft shows and local holiday shopping events going on this weekend in the Stateline. I think we can officially say this now, "welcome to the holiday, my friends."
Ready or not, the holiday season is upon is. Instead of fighting it, embrace it by checking out these fun events this weekend in the Stateline. Oh, how I love a good craft fair!
- Christmas at the Farm - Friday, 10a.m. to 10p.m. - Meyer's Tails Up Farm at 5390 Irene Road in Belvidere - Various craft and holiday items available from local vendors - $5 admission with a portion of the proceeds going to the Rockford Rescue Mission - Call 608-207-5023 for more information.
- WVCA Veterans Dinner - Friday at 5:30p.m. - Cliffbreakers at 700 W Riverside Blvd in Rockford - Joseph Galloway, co-author of the book "We Were Soldiers Once...And Young" will speak - $35 per person, $250 for a table of eight - For more information visit veteransmemorialhall.com
- Rockford Lutheran High School presents: "Foot In The Door" - Friday, 7:30p.m., Saturday, 2 and 7:30p.m., Sunday, 2p.m. - Rockford Lutheran High School at 3411 N Alpine Road in Rockford - $8 adults, $6 seniors and children 12 and younger - rockfordlutheran.org
- Main Street Players of Boone County present "Miracle on 34th Street" - Friday and Saturday, 7p.m., and Sunday at 2p.m. through November 16 - Community Building Complex at 111 W First Street in Belvidere - $12 adults, $10 seniors, and $5 for students - For tickets call 800-741-2963 or visit mainstreetplayersofboonecounty.com
- Coat Drive at Lou Bachrodt Automall - Saturday, 10a.m. to 2p.m. - Drop off your gently used or new coats, boots, scaves, gloves, sweaters for donation to the Rockford Rescue Mission ; free picture with Santa from Walgreens who will also have flu, pneumonia, and T-Dap vaccinations on hand - bachrodt.com
- Art in the Family (and Friends) - Saturday, 9a.m. to 2p.m. - Mendelssohn Hall banquet room at 406 N Main Street in Rockford - Jewelry, pottery, baked goods, wood carving, special holiday decorations and more - Free admission - For more information call 815-979-7874
- Shannon's Soldiers Fundraiser Extravaganza for MS - Saturday, 10a.m. to 3p.m. - Hilltop Community Center at 8301 Mitchell Road in Machesney Park - Shopping, food and raffles - Proceeds go towards the fight against multiple sclerosis.
- Military Night at the Rockford Icehogs - Saturday, 7p.m. - Icehogs vs. Grand Rapids Griffins - First 2,500 fans get a camouflage Icehogs hat courtesy of Pepsi - Get tickets at icehogs.com
- Straight No Chaser's "The Happy Hour Tour" - Sunday, 7p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main Street in Rockford - All male a cappella group - Tickets $29.50-$49.50 plus fees - Purchase tickets at 815-968-2722 or coronadopac.org
- "God Bless the U.S.A" Free Veteran's Day concert - Sunday, 3p.m. - St. Mark Lutheran Church at 675 N Mulford Road in Rockford - Service members are encouraged to wear their colors - Donations will be accepted - stmarklc.com