Weekend Roundup; Top 10 Things Do This Weekend in the Stateline
Things that go "bump" in the night, ghosts and ghouls on parade, even shopping for Santa is on tap for this weekend in the Stateline. How spooktacular!
Here's just a few of the things to check out this weekend:
- Night Sounds: A "Real" Night at the Museum - Friday, 6 to 9p.m. - Burpee Museum of Natural History at 737 N Main St. in Rockford - Visit all 4 four floors of the museum for different activities and stations - Bring a flashlight - $7 for non-members, $4 for members - Call 815-965-3433 or visit burpee.org for more information.
- Pink Party and Live Bra Auction - Friday, Doors open at 5:30p.m. - Prosser's Chop House at 11189 Forest Hills Rd. in Machesney Park. - Proceeds benefit the Winnebago County chapter of Pink Heals - $15 at the door - Q985online.com/pinkparty
- DC Estate Winery Grand Opening - Friday, 5 to 8p.m., Saturday, Noon to 6:30p.m., Sunday, 11a.m. to 6p.m. - 8877 S Stateline Road in South Beloit - Free admission with live entertainment and delicious wine tasting - facebook.com/drycreekestate
- Locktoberfest Costume Days - Saturday and Sunday 10a.m. to 4p.m. - Lockwood Park at 5201 Safford Rd. in Rockford - Kids costume contest with treats and prizes, trail and storytime hayrides, seasonal games, and more - Free admission with some paid activities - rockfordparkdistrict.org/locktoberfest
- Hollidazzle Craft Show - Saturday and Sunday 10a.m. to 4p.m. - Winnebago County Fair Grounds at 500 W First St. in Pecatonica - $3 admission - 815-239-1641 or winnebagocountyfair.com for more information.
- All Hallows Eve Celebration - Saturday, 2 to 8p.m. - Midway Village Museum at 6799 Guilford Rd. - Trick-or-treat the grounds of Midway Village, kids games and Halloween crafts - $6 admission, kids 3 and younger are free - midwayvillage.com
- Society of St. Vincent dePaul Food Pantry's Annual Fun Festival- Saturday, 10a.m. to 10p.m. - Coral Cove Family Fun Center in South Beloit - arcade games, bounce houses, crafts, chili cook-off, talent show, live music, silent auction, pie eating contest, clowns, and more - All proceeds benefit the food panty for families in need.
- Festival of Fantasy - Saturday, 11a.m. - Edgebrook Mall at 1639 N Alpine Rd. in Rockford - kids costume parade and contest (winner receives a new bicycle from Kegel's Bicycle Store), face painting, story-telling, pumpkin carving, crafts, food, prizes and more - Free admission - Call 815-226-0870 or visit edgebrookshops.com for more information.
- Music That Goes "Bump" In The Night - Saturday, 7:30p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St. in Rockford - Halloween concert from the Rockford Symphony Orchestra - Tickets range from $22-$60, $7 for students - rockfordsymphony.com
- Fall Family Festival - Saturday, 10a.m. to 1p.m. - Main Street Square at 5310 Williams Dr. in Roscoe - Trick-or-treating, live music, Halloween crafts and pumpkin decorating - Free family fun - Call 815-623-9065 for more info.