Weekend Roundup; Things To Do This Weekend in the Stateline
It's Valentine's Day weekend, and there's more to do with your sweetheart than just going to see "50 Shades of Grey" at the theater.
Here's some things your sweetheart will enjoy this weekend:
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar and Grill- Friday, 9p.m. - Located on Riverside across from Village Green -Featuring Suburban Cowboys and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - No cover charge.
- "Suite Surrender" at the Pec Playhouse Theatre - Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 8p.m. through March 1 - 314 Main St. in Pecatonica - Tickets are $12 - For tickets and more information call 815-239-1210 or go to pecplayhouse.org.
- "Twisted Love: Stories & Spirits" - Friday, 7 to 9p.m. - Hope & Anchor English Pub at 5040 N Second St. in Loves Park - Local ghostly tales or romance and intrigue - Admission is $25 at the door - For more information call 815-871-4239 or go to hauntedrockford.com.
- Straight From the Heart Blood Drive - Saturday, 8a.m. to 3p.m. at the Lou Bachrodt Automall by the Cherryvale Mall - Donate a pint of blood with the Rock River Valley Blood Center - Prizes and t-shirts available while supplies last - All blood types needed - Get more info at rrvbc.org.
- Sweetheart Skate - Saturday, 1 to 3p.m. - Carlson Ice Arena at 4150 N Perryville Road in Loves Park - Public skating session featuring games, prizes, and more - $5 admission which includes skate rental, children 2 and younger are free - Call 815-969-4069 for more information.
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra's Valentine's Day Concert - Saturday, 7:30p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St. in Rockford - Featuring guest soprano, Amy Conn, music from The Sterling String Quartet in the Mezzanine before the concert, and dinner before the performance - Dinner is $50 for adults, $25 ages 11 and younger, Concert tickets range from $22-$60 plus fees - Get tickets and info at coronadopac.org.
- "Alton Brown Live! The Edible Inevitable Tour" - Sunday, 7p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center - Food Network star performs part stand-up comedy, part musical, and part food experiment - Tickets range from $37-$57 plus fees - Get tickets at 815-968-0595 or coronadopac.org.