Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
Temps are gonna be a scorcher, so you better find some fun ways to take your mind off the heat this weekend! Good thing there is plenty of fun to go around for the entire family.
Here's a few more fun things to check out that I didn't mention in the video, and links for information on all these cool events.
- Stephenson County Fair - Now through Sunday at 2250 S Walnut Rd. in Freeport - Featuring Craig Morgan in the grandstands Saturday at 8:30 p.m. - Concert tickets are $20 for track seating, and $12 for grandstand seating - Fair admission is $8 daily for ages 12 and older - More info at stephensoncountyfair.org.
- A Totally Local Ice Cream Social - Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m. - Lombardi Club at 209 Olive St. in downtown Rockford - Locally made ice creams and dozens of toppings, coffee, and more to benefit the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois' In Youth We Trust program.
- Art on the Lawn and Woodsong Concert - Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden at 2715 S Main St. in Rockford - Wide variety of fine art available for purchase - $5 admission, kids 12 and under are free - More info at klehm.org.
- Alpine Kiwanis Brat Days - Friday and Saturday - Schnucks locations at East State, and Harlem Rd., Edgebrook Center - alpinekiwanis-il.com
- Rockford City Market - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Friday Night Flix - Feature presentation - Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue starting at dusk.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday - Music from Rollin' Whiskey starting at 9 p.m. - Hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - No cover charge.
- Tebala Shrine Circus - Friday - Sunday, Rockford Speedway - 3 shows daily at 12:30, 4 and 8 p.m. - tebalacircus.com
- Neon Vibe 5K Fun Run - Satuday, Sportscore 1 - q985online.com/events