Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
It's the first full weekend of the summer season, and there is plenty to do in the Stateline! Here's some cool things to check out with the family this weekend.
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Intersection of Water and Market Streets in downtown Rockford - Free admission - Local vendors, live music, kids activities and more - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Friday Night Flix - Friday, Grounds open at 7 p.m., movie begins at dusk - Davis Park in downtown Rockford - Feature Presentation: Despicable Me - Free to attend - Food and beverages available for purchase - Outside refreshments o.k. to bring in, but alcohol is prohibited - Get more information here.
- Music on the Mall - Friday, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Hosted by Mary's Market at the Shops of Edgebrook - Featuring music from Swingbilly Rockford - Free to attend - Seating is limited, so bringing your own chairs is encouraged - Call Mary's Market at 815-394-0765 for info and weather related questions.
- 46th Annual Patriotic Celebration - Friday, 7 p.m. - First Evangelical Free Church at 2223 N Mulford Road in Rockford - Evening of music and media celebrating the United States, the Stars and Stripes, and those who have served in the military - Free admission - Call 815-877-7046 or go to firstfreerockford.org for more info.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill on Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - Featuring music from Dirt Road Rebelz and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - No cover charge, great food and drink specials.
- Belvidere Heritage Days - Friday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. - Downtown Belvidere - Highlights include sidewalk sales, go-kart rides, inflatables, truck show, farmers markets, live music, fireworks, food and a whole lot more - For more info check Belvidere Heritage Days on Facebook.
- Starlight Theatre presents "Young Frankenstein" - Friday, 8 p.m., Saturday, 2 and 8 p.m. - Rock Valley College's Starlight Theatre at 3301 N Mulford Road in Rockford - Tickets are $30 and available at the box office while supplies last - Call 815-921-2160 for more information.
- Steve Zimmerman Historic Bike Tour - Saturday, 9 to 11 a.m. - Starts at City Hall at 425 E State Street - Learn all about historic downtown Rockford on this two-hour bike tour honoring the memory of attorney Steve Zimmerman - Free to participate - Learn more at riverdistrict.com.
- Relay for Life of Winnebago County - Saturday, 4 p.m. to midnight - Rockford Christian High School at 1401 N Bell School Road - Annual fundraiser for the American Cancer Society featuring laps around the track to music, face painting and games for kids - Participants can register online until noon on Friday or in person at the event - relayforlife.org/winnebagoil.