Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
The majority of this weekend should be cloudy and rain free, so there's no need to stay indoors and be bored. Take the family out and have some fun at these local events.
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Intersection of Water and Market Streets in downtown Rockford - Local goods, food, and beverages available for purchase; live entertainment - Free admission - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Friday Night Flix - Friday, Gates open at 7 p.m.; movie begins at dusk - Davis Park at 320 S Wyman Street - Feature Presentation; Big Hero 6 - Free admission; food and drinks available for purchase - First 1,000 attendees will receive a ticket for free popcorn - Check out Friday Night Flix on facebook for more information.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - Hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J; featuring music from Rollin' Whiskey - Great food and drink specials - No cover charge.
- Cruisin' for St. Jude Kids Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 12 p.m. - Hammertime Sports off State Street in Belvidere - Registration begins at Noon, bikes roll at 3 p.m. - $20 to ride, $25 per couple (includes lunch and a t-shirt) - All proceeds benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - Get more details here.
- Urban Farmgirl's Main Street Market - Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Midway Village at 6799 Guilford Road in Rockford - Shop reclaimed collectibles from 120 vendors specializing in vintage decor, clothing, jewelry and more - Admission is $8 for adults, $5 for kids 8 and older, free for museum members - Tickets available at the gate, at Urban Farmgirl at 2202 Rural St. in Rockford or online at mainstreetmarketrockford.com.
- Riverwalk Chalk Fest - Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Discovery Center Museum at 711 N Main St. in Rockford - Join professional artists and school teams to create chalk masterpieces - Free admission, and chalk will be provided - discoverycentermuseum.org.
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show - Sunday, 12 p.m. - Registration begins at 8 a.m. - Rockford First Church at 5950 Spring Creek Road in Rockford - Vehicle registration is $10, spectator admission is free from Noon to 3 p.m. - More info at rockfordfirstcarshow.com.