Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
I'm not gonna lie to you, choosing what to do this weekend will be tough because there are so many fun things going on in the Stateline! My best advice? Create a plan of attack that allows you to see them all!
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Intersection of Water and Market Streets in downtown Rockford - Free admission - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Spirit Medium Maureen Hancock - Friday, 7 p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St. - Tickets range from $30 - $55 plus fees - Get tickets at 815-968-2722 or coronadopac.org.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - On Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - Featuring Stateline Country Band and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - Free admission, great food and drink specials.
- 2015 Garden Fair - Friday, Noon to 6 p.m., Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden at 2715 S Main St. in Rockford - Flowers, yard art, vintage furniture and more for purchase from over 50 vendors - $8 at the door, free for members and children 12 and younger - klehm.org.
- Starlight Theatre Presents "Mary Poppins" - Friday, 8 p.m., Saturday at 2 and 8 p.m. - Rock Valley College's Starlight Theatre at 3301 N Mulford Road in Rockford - Tickets are $30 for adults, $25 for seniors and students - rockvalleycollege.edu
- Rockford AirFest - Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Chicago Rockford International Airport at 2 Airport Circle in Rockford - U.S. Navy Blue Angels headline for the first time since 2007 - Admission is by the carload and is $40 at the gate, $20 for motorcycles - For parking and travel information go to rockforairfest.com.
- Leaf River Summer Daze - Friday through Sunday in Leaf River, Illinois - Featuring fun, food, entertainment, tractor pulls, car and craft shows, fireworks and more - Schedule events and more information at leafriversummerdaze.org
- Rock & Roll Garage Sale - Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Tebala Event Center at 7910 Newburg Road in Rockford - Buy, sell or trade used sound and lighting equipment, instruments, amps and more - Features a food and cash bar - $3 admission to benefit the Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI), children 12 and under are free - More info at ramiawards.com.