Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
You can tell summer is almost upon us, because there are so many cool events to check out each week! Here's some fun things to take the family to this weekend.
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Intersection of Water and Market Streets - Free admission - Rain or shine - Check out this week's highlights at rockfordcitymarket.com
- Rockford Ski Broncs Waterski Show - Friday, 7 p.m. (Weather permitting) - Shorewood Park at 235 Evelyn Ave. in Loves Park - Free admission and parking - More info at skibroncs.com
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - On Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - Featuring music from Shotgun Jane and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - Great food and drink specials - Free admission.
- Glitzy Garage Sale - Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Womanspace at 3333 Maria Linden Drive in Rockford - More than 3,000 clothing items for men, women, children and infants including designer clothing, jewelry and accessories - Free admission - Proceeds benefit operational costs of Womanspace - womanspace-rockford.org
- Northern Illinois Heart Walk - Saturday, 8 a.m. - Rock Valley College at 3301 N Mulford Road in Rockford - Walk to help fight heart disease and stroke - Raise a minimum of $100 and get a free t-shirt - More info at rockfordilheartwalk.org
- Car Show and Camp Day - Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Camp Winnebago at 5804 N Main St. in Rockford - Showcase or check out classic and custom built cars plus lean about Camp Winnebago's summer offerings - Free to attend, $10 per car entry - rockriverymca.org
- John Mellencamp - Saturday, 7:30 p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St in Rockford - Featuring special guest Carlene Carter - Tickets range from $40-$117.50 plus fees - coronadopac.org
- Exploring Rockford's Roots - Sunday (individual museum hours) - Take a tour of the city featuring three historic Rockford locations: Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Gardens (2715 S Main St. in Rockford), Tinker Swiss Cottage (411 Kent St. in Rockford), and the Ethnic Heritage Museum (1129 S Main St. in Rockford) - Free admission to all three destinations, and all patrons will receive coupons for lunch or dinner at participating local eateries.
- Rockford Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K - Sunday, 7 a.m. - Starts at the corner of State and Main Streets in downtown Rockford - For sign-up information go to rockfordmarathon.com