Weekend Roundup; Things to do This Weekend in the Stateline
The unofficial start to summer is finally upon us, and I bet you have plenty of BBQ'ing and fun planned for this Memorial Day weekend! Don't forget to be safe, honor a vet, and make time to check out these events this weekend.
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3:30 p.m. - Downtown Rockford at the intersection of Water and Market Streets - Featuring a ribbon cutting ceremony at 4 p.m. to highlight the new market pavilion - Live music, food, beverages, and local goods for purchase - Free admission - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - On Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - Featuring music from Zac Matthews and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - No cover charge - Great food and drink specials.
- Young at Heart Festival - Friday, 6 p.m. to Midnight; Saturday and Sunday; Noon to Midnight; Memorial Day Monday, Noon to 6 p.m. - 100 Heart Blvd in Loves Park - Highlights include the Young at Heart Parade at 9 a.m. on Saturday, a Fireworks spectacular at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, followed by country artists Love & Theft at 10 p.m. - More info and complete entertainment lineup at youngatheartfestival.com
- Magic Waters Waterpark - Open Saturday, Sunday, and Monday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 7820 Cherryvale North Blvd in Cherry Valley - Normal weekday hours begin June 6 - Resident admission is $20 for general, $16 for seniors and children 48 inches and under, $4 for children aged 1-2, free for 12 months and younger - magicwaterswaterpark.com
- "One Hot Night" at the Rockford Speedway - Saturday, 5 p.m. - 9572 Forest Hills Road in Loves Park - Featuring an appearance by the Green Mamba Jet Car and other racing action - Admission is $12 for adults, $8 ages 12-17, $5 ages 6-11 - rockfordspeedway.com
- Jo Dee Messina in Concert - Saturday, 7: 30 p.m. - Egyptian Theatre at 135 N. 2nd Street in Dekalb - Tickets range from $29.50 to $65 - egyptiantheatre.org
- Gordon Lightfoot in Concert - Sunday, 7:30 p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main Street in Rockford - Tickets range from $42 to $52 plus fees - coronadopac.org
- Rockford's Annual Memorial Day Parade - Monday, 9 a.m. to Noon - Parade goes from Seventh Street to Park Avenue in downtown Rockford - A Memorial Ceremony will take place after the parade at Veterans Memorial Hall at 211 N Main Street in Rockford.
- 10th Anniversary Ceremony of LZ Peace Memorial - Monday, starting at 10 a.m. - Midway Village Museum Center at 6799 Guilford Road in Rockford - Free admission - More info at lzpeace.org