Weekend Roundup; Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
Spring has sprung, and so has the fun this weekend in Rockford!
Here's some cool things to check out with the family this weekend:
- 44th Annual Rockford RV, Camping & Travel Show - Friday, 2 to 8 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Indoor Sports Center at 8800 E Riverside Blvd in Loves Park - Admission is $6, children 12 and younger are free - Admission coupons available at area McDonald's - More information at landroproductions.com
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill on Riverside across Village Green - Featuring a Zac Matthews CD release party No cover charge- Great food and drink specials - Hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J, and brought to you by Lamonica Beverages - More info at 2ndcousinsbar.com
- Bubble Festival - Saturday, starting at 9 a.m. - Discovery Center Museum at 711 N Main St. in Rockford - Featuring performances by bubble entusiast Geoff Akins Hannah and tons of bubble fun - Showtimes are; 9 and 10:30 a.m., Noon, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. - Tickets are $5 at the door, $4 for members, museum admission is extra - Call 815-963-6769 for more info.
- Rockford MeltFest -Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Located between Prairie Street Brewhouse and Riverview Ice House in downtown Rockford - Free family friendly event featuring live music, over 40 food and market vendors, activities for kids (extra fee), free ice skating and trolley rides, a 5K run/walk and fun run, plus a whole lot more - More info at meltfest.com or call 815-277-9427.
- Coronado Cinema Series - Saturday starting at 10:15 a.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St. in Rockford - Free event featuring 3 classic 80's movies, Annie, E.T., and Back to the Future - More info at coronadopac.org
- Country Night with the Rockford IceHogs - Saturday, game time at 7 p.m. - BMO Harris Bank Center in downtown Rockford- Featuring live country music before, during, and after the game from the band, Longshot - Tickets available now at icehogs.com
- 17th Annual RAMI Spring Benefit Sock Hop - Saturday, 5 p.m. - Tebala Shrine Center at 7910 Newburg Rd. in Rockford - Night full of dancing, live music, diner food, and spiked malts - Tickets are $20 at the door - Proceeds benefit local youth music scholarships - More info at ramiawards.com