Weekend Roundup; FaBOOlous Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
This weekend is full of spooky fun everywhere you turn, but if you're looking for more fun after the trick-or-treating ends, here's some cool things to check out.
- Ken-Rock Community Center Halloween Party - Friday, 6 to 8p.m. - 3218 11th Street in Rockford - Safe alternative to trick-or-treating with a costume contes - Free admission -Check out kenrock.org for more information.
- Day of the Dead Festival (Dia de los Muertos) - Saturday, 1 to 4p.m. - Riverfront Museum Park at 711 N Main St. in Rockford - $6, adults, $4 kids ages 3 to 17, $15 for the entire family - Admission includes half off admission to other participating museums - Call 815-963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org
- Sing-a-long "Sound of Music" - Saturday at 11a.m., 3 and 7p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St. - $5, includes an interactive fun pack - Guest can participate in a fancy-dress competition - 815-968-0595 or coronadopac.org
- Holiday Remodeling and Home Expo - Saturday, 10a.m. to 6p.m., Sunday, 10a.m. to 5p.m. - Forest Hills Lodge at 1601 West Lane Road in Loves Park - Free admission - Call 815-874-7469 or visit showtimeproduction.net for more information.
- Smashing Pumpkins Event - Sunday, 1 to 4p.m. - Discovery Center Museum at 711 N Main St. in Rockford - Jack-o-lantern launching, fall arts and crafts activities - Event is free with admission to the museum, $8, kids 1 and younger and members are free - Call 815-963-6769 or visit discoverycentermuseum.org for more information.
- Rockford Comic Book Convention - Sunday, 10a.m. to 4p.m. - Cherry Bowl at 7171 Cherryvale N Blvd. - Comic book dealers from 3 states will be on hand with comic book and other collectables, dealers will also buy comic books - Free admission.