Weekend Roundup; 4th of July Celebrations in the Stateline
I'm sure your social calendar is full of cookouts and family gatherings this weekend, but if you're still looking for patriotic fun for the entire family, consider this your official tour guide.
Hope you have all your red, white, and blue wardrobe ready, because there is plenty of 4th of July fun going on this weekend to show it off at besides the fireworks! Check these out:
- Let Freedom Ring Festival: "A Star Spangled Celebration" - Mount Morris, IL - July 3, 1pm-Midnight , July 4, 7am - Midnight , July 5, 8am- Midnight - Featuring an ice cream social, fair, music, silent auction and more - letfreedomringfestival.com
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra's Annual Independence Day Spectacular - Thursday, 8pm- Rock Valley College/Starlight Theatre - $30 for adults, $29 for students and seniors - Featuring fireworks and picnic at 6pm - (Picnic cost is $15 for adults, $10 kids 12 and younger) rockfordsymphony.com
- Winnebago Family 4th Fest - July 3, 5pm - dusk, July 4, 7:30am to dusk - Winnebago, IL - featuring food booths, rides, movie in the park, car show, a parade and more - villageofwinnebago.com
- Durand's Fourth of July Festival - July 4, 8am-10pm, July 5, 8am-Midnight - Downtown Durand on Center Street - Featuring a street dance, parade, ice cream social, and more - durandevents.com
- KABOOM - July 4, 11am-3pm - Discovery Center Museum - $8 general museum admission - Look at physics behind explosions, plus experiments featuring explosions - discoverycentermuseum.org
- Kirkland 4th of July Community Breakfast - July 5, 7am-10am - First United Methodist Church at 300 South St. in Kirkland - $7 - Featuring biscuits and gravy, eggs and ham, pancakes, muffins, fruit, milk, juice, and coffee.
Of course we can't forget the FIREWORKS! For a detailed list of local fireworks go here.
Happy 4th of July Ya'll! God Bless the red, white, and blue!