TRAFFIC ALERT: High Winds Result in Many Rollovers on Area Highways and Roads [List]
The extremely high winds are causing a very dangerous situation on area roadways this afternoon.
Here is a list of the traffic trouble areas: (Updated at 4:24pm)
- WIFR-TV is reporting that a rollover crash just occurred at the intersection of I-39 and Bypass 20. Emergency personnel are on the scene
- Rt 251: Near Gensler Gardens, just south of town. A semi rollover (New Milford Area)
- I-90 in the Beloit Area. Semi Rollover
- I-39: IDOT reports that I-39 traffic is moving again at mile markers 36, 99 and 107
- I-90 Two rolled over semis headed southbound between Beloit and Janesville.
WREX-TV is reporting that earlier this afternoon, Cherry Valley Fire Department personnel were on the scene of semi truck rollover that occurred on WB entrance ramp of I-39 from US 20.
Valley Fire officials say the driver of the truck has refused medical treatment, and no injuries were reported.
The strong winds are impacting high-profile vehicles and many crashes reported this afternoon. Also, be aware of debris in the roadways.
The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning until 6 p.m. tonight.
We'll update this list throughout the afternoon.