Top 10 Foods to Bring to Your 4th Get Together
Have you been invited to a 4th get together this weekend and now you're wondering what you should bring? No worries, here's a list of the top ten foods to bring.
If you don't want to be the person who just shows up with a bag of chips and you want to look like you put some thought into the party and actually made something, maybe these foods can help you out.
Citizens Voice put together a list of the Top 10 Foods that make a great 4th of July Barbeque:
1. Some sort of patriotic dessert. With you make red, white and blue jello, or a decorated a white cake it white icing and blueberries and strawberries that will follow the theme perfectly. You could even use angel food cake with cool whip and top with blueberries and strawberries. That would be my choice.
2. Pasta Salad. Everybody loves pasta salad. You go with the traditional salad of pasta, meat, cheese, olives and tomatoes and peppers or try something different.
Here's the recipe for a really yummy pasta salad that I've made several times and it's a huge hit: California Pasta Salad
3. Kebabs. Stack on shrimp or beet with onions and peppers and toss on the grill.
4. Potato Salad. There are so many way to make this classic salad. It doesn't have to be the one loaded with mayonnaise and mustard. Try a dill potato salad that's a bit lighter or go for a German potato salad.
5. Barbeque Chicken. Get a buch of drumsticks and slather then up in barbeque sauce and grill away.
6. Ribs. Enough said about that. Yum! You would be the hit of the party.
7. Coleslaw. If you don't like the traditional coleslaw then make this one. I have and it's super yummy and everyone likes it: Ramen Coleslaw. Or make this one. I love it: Chicken and Napa Cabbage Salad
8. Watermelon. Mmmm who doesn't love cut up watermelon?
9. Corn on the Cob.Whether you grill it in the husk or boil on the stove it's always a favorite go to.
10. Burgers and Hot Dogs. Now that's the standard and always excepted for parties.
If you're really into desserts you might want to check out this link for 17 No-Bake Desserts.
If you want to impress everyone and go along with the color scheme of the day Red, White and Blue, here's a few patriotic colored dishes to help you out: Foods for the Fourth.