Tasty Crockpot Meal
This weekend when you're out shopping till your almost dropping the last thing you want to think about is making dinner.
With this tasty crock pot meal you won't have to worry about it.
In those eight hours you're out shopping for those great deals, your dinner will be happily cooking along at home just waiting for you to scoop it out and dine in relaxation.
I found this recipe through Taste of Home.
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken.
- Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are
- tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30
- minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
* added two stalks of celery chopped, about 1/4 cup of chopped onion to the vegetables as well. Plus I needed a couple of instant mashed potato flakes to help thicken the broth.