Stateline gas Prices dip Below $2.00 a Gallon, Here’s Where You’ll Find the Cheapest Fuel
It feels like 1979! Gas prices have dipped below $2.00 a gallon in the Stateline.
Driving in on South Alpine off Rt 20, I had to do a double take when I saw the Shell station on S. Alpine advertising regular gas at $1.94 a gallon. Great news for motorists as the Thanksgiving travel holiday approaches
The reason is refineries finished their maintenance. KMOX reports that according top analyst Patrick DeHaan with price-tracking website GasBuddy, wholesale gasoline prices took a beating late last week and that’s now being reflected at the pump.
Almost like overnight, refiners finished their maintenance to open up the spigot that delivers that gasoline to supply,” DeHaan says. “That is what’s fueling the huge plunge we’re seeing"
So, if you are paying over $2.00 a gallon for gas, then you are paying too much.
LOWEST PRICE PER GALLON (Regular Grade Fuel 87 Octane) as of 11/20/15 2:00am
- $1.99 Woodman's 3155 McFarland & Springbrook (NOTE: Cash /Debit card price)
- $1.94 Sam's Club 7241 Walton St near Buckley Dr (NOTE: 5 cents more per gallon without Sam's Membership )
- $1.94 Shell on American Rd and S. Alpine
- $1.94 Phillips 66 on S. Alpine and Linden Rd
- $1.99 Meijer on Perryville Rd
- $1.96 Dixon: Citgo 1225 Galena Ave near Lowell & Road Ranger 1801 S. Galena Ave
- $1.99 Loves Park MP on Riverside and McFarland
- $1.90 Rochelle: Clark N 7th Ave (Note: Cash Price)
- $2.02 Belvidere: Murphy USA 2005 gateway Center Drive (by Walmart)
- $1.99 DeKalb: Phillips 66 on Hillcrest and N 1st Street
Gas still remains expensive in Freeport with prices averaging $2.22 a gallon
- Illinois' lowest gas price in is in Okawville, IL ($1.68/gallon)
- Illinois' highest gas price is in Chicago ($3.57/gallon)
Travel safely and save!