Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
I tired another crock-pot recipe.
The best part is that it's quick and easy to put together.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken.I love meals where you can dump it in a pot and walk away. Eight hours later you have a tasty meal.
After making this I think, with the way the salsa cooked down, that this would taste great over roast. See what you think.
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 2 cups salsa
- -Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with PAM.
- -Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker
- -Cover the chicken with the packet of taco seasoning.
- -Pour the salsa on top, and smooth it out so it covers everything.
- -Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- ***Be sure not to remove the lid at anytime, as if you do you will need to add 30 mins to cooking time. (not worth it :) )***.
- -When chicken is done, take 2 forks and shred the chicken and the salsa will absorb into it (also the salsa will not taste like salsa anymore, it reduces to more of a juicy sauce instead of chunky).
- -Serve anyway you'd like :) with rice, with tortilla chips, in a torpedo roll, or any other way you can think of!. its delicious all ways!
* A couple of quick notes about this recipe.
I cut it down to the serving size for 2. I also added about a 1/4 cup of water, because I was afraid the chicken might stick to the bottom. Next time I won't do that.
I also, served it with a side of garlic cilantro rice. Basically that's my creation of minute rice with minced garlic and chopped cilantro added to it.
If you're looking for a tasty meal that you can serve many different ways, over rice, on tortilla or taco shells, then this is the meal for you.