Serve this Light and Tasty Tilapia Dish this Summer
Now that summer is here, we don't want to be cooking over a hot stove.
You won't be, when serving this light and tasty tilapia dish.
All you need is to broil your fish for 7 to 9 minutes serve it over rice and toss on the green herbs and your done. Your kitchen barely has time to warm up before you're all done!
Easy recipes are always a big plus in book!
See the recipe below to make it yourself. This recipe is based on serving 4 people, I cut it in half otherwise, I'd be eating this all week.
- 1cup brown rice (I used white minute rice because I was out of brown rice.)
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (I omitted this because I didn't have it. I added cilantro.)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Heat broiler. Place the tilapia on a baking sheet lined with foil and broil, basting occasionally with the teriyaki sauce, until cooked through, 7 to 9 minutes. Break into pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cilantro, mint, scallions, and lime juice. Serve the tilapia over the rice and top with the herb salad and crushed red pepper.
This recipe would be perfect to serve when you're having a few friends over and you can dine outdoors on the patio. A yummy, summertime meal.
Speaking of dining outdoors, sign up to win this fabulous patio set. Then your tasty meal will be complete with this comfortable outdoor setting.