Rockford’s Top 10 Property tax Bills [List]
Mike Simons / Getty Images[/caption]
If you haven't gotten yours yet, Stateline property owners will soon see the bad news coming in the mail. Your annual property tax bill is coming.
If you think your tax rate is high, you are right. Rockford residents will be hit with the highest property tax rate they have ever seen. This year's rate is set at a whopping 15.29%!
But it could be a lot worse, you could be paying a whole lot more. Winnebago County has released the names of the Top 20 payers of property taxes in the county.
The Rockford Register Star crunched the numbers and calculated the taxes based on property values.
Here are the TOP 5 Property Taxpayers in Winnebago County
1. Lowe's Home Center - $1,919,942.62. (Combines the Machesney Park and Rockford locations along with it's distribution center on Springfield Ave)
2. CherryVale Mall - $1,661,226.94
3. Woodward Inc.- $1,119,627.20
4. Beloit Memorial Hospital -$1,085,354.84.
5. Meijer - $881,159.02
Rounding out the Top 10
- Forest Plaza
- The Greater Rockford Airport Authority
- Petry Family Trust (of Roscoe)
- Lubrizol Holdings
- Two Star Properties
See the document HERE.