Rockford Burger King Closed After Fire
Just after 7 a.m. a fire was reported to us at Burger King on 11th Street in Rockford. We know what happened and have an idea of when they will reopen.
Early Friday morning firefighters were called to Burger King at 2434 11th Street to put out a fire inside the fast food restaurant. Witnesses say traffic in both directions were shut down as firefighters battled the blaze. The location has not reopened.
An employee told me the fire started due to a “hot oil accident” and the amount of smoke damage caused management to close the restaurant for the remainder of the business day. Repairs and cleanup are being completed as late Friday morning. They’re hoping to reopen the 11th Street location sometime Saturday, May 20th.
Subscribe to Rockford’s New Country Q98.5 on