Rockford Attraction Makes List of Seven Coolest Places to Skate in the U.S.
You guys, Rockford made another national list, and it's for a totally COOL reason!
Sure, Rockfordians love our conservatory and everything that goes with it, but why did Money Inc. think the Eclipse Lagoon skating experience is so special? Here's what they had to say..
Rather than a manufactured, man-made oval rink, this one is actually a frozen lagoon in the middle of the Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens. It’s open through January typically, though that depends on weather and temperature, considering its all-natural. The free-to-skate rink is immersed in serene nature, bedecked with greenery and plants.
If you've never skated Nicholas' Eclipse Lagoon before, you need to! Here's a few important things you need to know though before you go:
- You need to bring your own skates.
- Skating is at your own risk, no Rockford Park District employees will be there for supervision.
- Hockey sticks and pucks are only allowed on the North side of the lagoon.
- No infants or children can be carried while participants are skating.
- Lagoon skating is only open weather permitting, so you need to check Facebook, or their the RPD's Rainout Line before going.