Registration for Christmas Help from Salvation Army Begins Soon
Once again, The Salvation Army of Winnebago County will be providing food boxes and/or toys (for kids 0-15 years old) to individuals and families that pre-register for assistance this Christmas season.
Registration for their 2018 Christmas Assistance program begins on November 19, and here's everything you need to know if your family needs some help this holiday season:
- This program is available for Winnebago County residents and families only.
- Registration needs to be done in person at the Salvation Army's Christmas Center located at (5430 E. State St., Rockford (old Office Depot building) Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through December 16th. Registration will continue at the Social Service Office 416 S. Madison in Rockford November 19 through December 14 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- You must bring the following items with you when registering:
- Photo ID for head of household
- Proof of address for every member of the household, including children"(current link eligibility with household names, recent mail, OR school records) Must be dated within the last 30 days
- Proof of birthdate for every child in household aged 15 & younger (birth certificate OR school records).
For more information on The Salvation Army of Winnebago County's Christmas Assistance Program , call their office at (815) 708-6433 or visit salarmyrockford.org,