Puppy Chow Cookies
Here's another Christmas goodie to add to your party trays.
Oh My goodness! I cannot wait to try these.
If you like the Puppy Chow or the Muddy Buddy snack mix then these are the cookies for you.
It's basically the same recipe just in cookie form!
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add both sugars and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour.
- Portion out dough by in tablespoon amounts. Roll into a ball and then flatten to approximately ½ inch thick. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden at he edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat on high for 1 minute and then stir until smooth.
- Place powdered sugar in bowl.
- Dip each cookie in chocolate and using a fork remove cookie, tapping off excess chocolate. You don't need a lot of chocolate coating on the cookies.
- Immediately dip the cookie into the powdered sugar and toss to coat completely.
- Place back on cooling rack to until chocolate is set. Repeat for all cookies.