Prepare your Car for Winter
Well here it is. SNOW!
Our first Winter Weather Advisory of the season is your car prepared for winter?
If you said no to that, today's forecast has certainly reminder you, me and anyone else who isn't quite prepared to get it in the car.
I'm about a quarter to being half prepared. I have jumper cables, a couple of blankets and a plastic shovel but that is all for my preparedness. Hmmm, not looking to good for me either.
However, if we follow this list from Ready Wisconsin, our cars will be ready in case of those snow emergencies.
- a shovel
- windshield scraper and small broom
- flashlight with extra batteries
- battery powered radio
- snack food including energy bars
- raisins and mini candy bars
- matches and small candles
- extra hats, socks and mittens
- First aid kit with pocket knife
- Necessary medications
- blankets or sleeping bag
- tow chain or rope
- road salt, sand, or cat litter for traction
- booster cables
- emergency flares and reflectors
- fluorescent distress flag and whistle to attract attention
- Cell phone adapter to plug into lighter
Plus, they offer some great survival tips if we happen to find ourselves in those emergency situations.
I'm hoping none us will be faced with any snow situation, but if we are we'll be all prepared keep ourselves and family safe on the roads this winter.