Places to Have Family Fun This President’s Day
You're off work, the kids are off school, and everyone is feeling a little stir crazy after being cooped up inside during another cold weekend. Yes, it's still cold outside, but it's only going to get colder later this week. Sounds like today is a great time to get out and have some fun, and here's a few fun things to check out today.
- Gateway Parks at Alpine Hills Adventure Park - 4402 Larson Ave. in Rockford - Snow tubing, skiing and snowboarding (equipment rental available) - Open today from 10a.m. to 8p.m. since school is not in session - $15 for residents, children 3 and under are free.
- Public Ice Skating at Carlson Ice Arena - 11a.m. to 12:50p.m. at 4150 N Perryville Rd. in Loves Park - $5 for adults, $4 for youth, $2 skate rental.
- Sapora Playworld Inside Carlson Ice Arena - 4150 N Perryville Rd. in Loves Park - Open 10a.m. to 8p.m. - $3 admission every Monday and Wednesday.
- Discovery Center Museum - 711 North Main St. in Rockford - Open 10a.m. to 5p.m. - $8 admission, children 1 and under are free - Today is Messy Monday featuring bubble wrap printing from 11a.m. to 3p.m. in the Art Studio.
- President's Day Skate at SkateCo - 1p.m. to 4p.m. at 3209 N Main St. in Rockford - $4 admission plus skate rental.
- President's Day No School Skate at Skateland - 1p.m. to 4p.m. at 4843 Stenstrom Rd. in Rockford - $4.50 admission plus skate rental.
- Monkey Joe's Birthday Party - 11a.m. to 7p.m. at 6663 E State St. in Rockford - Customer and family appreciation day with giveaways and community activities - $5 admission.
If you know of anything else to check out today, please leave the info in the comments section below.
Enjoy your President's Day!