Ooey Gooey Cake Mix Bars
I found another tasty and, most importantly, easy to make dessert.
Ooey Gooey Cake Mix Bars.
If you're in hurry and need a quick dessert for the next meeting, birthday treat or just something yummy for the family this is the dessert for you.
The cool thing is it really only requires a few ingredients. Yellow cake mix, eggs, cream cheese and powdered sugar.
In less than 40 minutes you have an awesome treat.
- 1 box yellow cake mix, dry- not prepared
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- GOOEY LAYER:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and egg. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pat and press dough evenly over the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat and cream the cream cheese. Add the eggs and beat until smooth for a minute or two. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Pour over crust and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes or until done. Do not over bake.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into.
** I substituted Cream Cheese with it's lighter cousin neufchatel. It didn't alter the taste at all.