Online Dating Safety Tips
Online dating has become very popular for busy people. But, it can also be dangerous.
According to our news partner WTVO, a man was robbed in Rockford when he agreed to meet a woman who he met on a dating website. He let the woman come to where he lived and the woman brought another man and robbed him. The good news is both suspects were arrested.
If you are currently using an online dating site, here are some safety tips from Match. com that will help you in the long run.
1. Get to know the person before you decide to meet in person.
2. Always meet in public.
3. Stay in a public place and make sure there are people around.
4. Let a friend know where you are going to be at.
5. Stay Sober.
6. Drive by yourself to the first meeting.
7. Keep tabs on all of your personal items.
Online dating can be successful. Just make sure you are always safe.