National Prescription ‘Take Back Day’ is This Saturday
If you have old, unwanted and unsafe prescription pills or medicines laying around the house, here's your chance to remove and properly dispose of them in the Stateline this Saturday.The DEA has determined that this Saturday, September 27, is National Prescription Take-Back Day. This initiative was spearheaded by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. According to WIFR TV23, several area law enforcement departments will be collecting old, unwanted or unused prescription drugs this weekend.
Those collection sites include:
- Beloit Police Dept., 100 State St., Beloit, WI
- Town of Beloit Police Dept., 1133 Inman Pkwy, Beloit, WI
- Byron Police Department, 232 W. Second Street, Byron, IL
- Janesville Police Department, 100 N. Jackson St., Janesville, WI
- Freeport Police Department, 320 W. Exchange Street, Freeport, IL
- Oregon Police Department, 100 W. Washington Street, Oregon, IL
- Mount Morris Police Department, 105 W. Lincoln, Mount Morris.
Drop off times are this Saturday from 10:00 am till 2:00 pm.