Make Your Own Ice Cream
June is National Dairy Month and to celebrate it why don't we make Ice Cream!
Here's a quick and fun way to make your own ice cream and your kids can help.
Best part is, it only takes 5 minutes!Here's what your need (this is based on 1 serving):
- Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint-size ziplock bag
- 1 gallon-size ziplock bag
- Your favorite toppings such as chocolate chips, cereal pieces, candy or fresh fruit.
- After combining the ingredients, each kid can simply shake up his or her own pouch of soft serve -- and it's done in just 5 minutes.
Yummy! I can't wait to try this at home.