Make this Quick Valentine’s Treat
If you need a quick Valentine's treat, make these.
Pink Kisses Cookies!
Not only is this quick and easy to make it's quite tasty too. If you like shortbread cookies, cherries and of course chocolate then these are the the cookies for you!
The most time consuming part of this recipe is just chopping up the maraschino cherries.
I cut the recipe in half and it made two dozen. I imagine the full recipe will give you about four dozen cookies. Perfect for party or when plating up Valentine's treats to give to your friends and sweethearts.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 25-30 Hershey Kisses
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Add cherry juice, almond extract, red food coloring and salt and beat well.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, scraping bowl.
- Fold in cherries.
- Place quarter (or a little bigger, depending on how you like them) sized balls of dough on cookie sheet leaving a little room between them to spread.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with Hershey Kisses, pressing down slightly.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Makes 25-30 cookies.