Local Farmer Says He Has Help for Your Seasonal Allergies
The Rockford area enjoyed a milder winter this year which was awesome, but local doctors say that is bad news for allergy sufferers. Thank goodness one local farmer has an alternative allergy treatment available that doesn't require a lot of pill popping.
I have often heard about the benefits of using raw, locally harvested honey to alleviate allergy symptoms, but have never quite known which honeys qualify as local to try it for myself. Now I have my answer, and I can't wait to try it.
I don't know about you, but I would rather eat some delicious honey than pop a whole bunch of pills several times a day, or continuously use a neti pot which always freak me out!
Here is where you can Raines Honey Farm products locally according to the farm's website:
- 320 Store - 320 N. Court Street in Rockford
- Gasser Hardware - 105 23rd Street in Broadhead, Wisconsin
- Carroll County farm Bureau - 811 Clay Street in Mount Carroll
- Eickman's Meat Processing - 3326 S Pecatonica Rd in Seward
- Famous Fossil - 395 W Cedarville Road in Freeport
- Galena Canning Co. - 106 S Main Street in Galena
- Hearth & Garden Gifts and Coffee - 427 Center St. in Durand
- Home Environment Center - 6407 E Riverside in Rockford
- Main Street Meats - 5324 Williams Drive in Roscoe
- Megz Country Cheese, Inc. - 420 IL RT 75 in Davis
- Nutrition Works - 4010 E State Street in Rockford
- Pacemaker Fine Foods - 101 Center Street in Durand
- Rock Valley Garden Center - 785 N Bell School in Rockford
- Stephenson County Farm Bureau - 210 W Spring Street in Freeport
- Stephenson County Visitors Center - 4596 US 20 in Freeport
- Winnebago/Boone Farm Bureau - 1925 S Meridian Road in Rockford