Gas Prices Down Labor Day Weekend, Here’s Where You’ll Find the Cheapest Fuel in the Stateline
The good news is that the Indiana refinery delivery problem now fixed, just in time for Labor Day weekend travel. As a result, gas prices have fallen to the levels they were prior to the "mini-crisis" that caused gas prices to spike upwards of $3.09 a gallon a few weeks ago
Gasbuddy.com reports that gas prices over the three-day Labor Day holiday will be the cheapest Labor Day prices in a decade. In Rockford, the average price is $2.57 a gallon, but the news is better if your head out of town. The nationwide average is $2.44 a gallon, which is 99 cents lower than a year ago.
The best price for a gallon of gas in the Stateline once again is in Dixon where you can fill-up for as low as $2.29/gallon. Freeport motorists are still subject to unusually high prices hovering at $2.79/gallon.
LOWEST PRICE PER GALLON (Regular Grade Fuel 87 Octane) as of 9/4/15 3:00am
- $2.39 Woodman's 3155 McFarland & Springbrook (NOTE: Cash /Debit card price)
- $2.44 Sam's Club 7241 Walton St near Buckley Dr (NOTE: 5 cents more per gallon without Sam's Membership )
- $2.45 Murphy USA 3926 W Riverside
- $2.46 Circle K 22225 W. Riverside
- $2.47 Citgo 2914 W. State Street
- $2.48 Road Ranger 3730 N Alpine Rd
- $2.29 Dixon: Citgo 1225 Galena Ave near Lowell & Road Ranger 1801 S. Galena Ave
- $2.39 Ashton: Casey's General Store
- $2.39 Rochelle: Clark N 7th Ave (Note: Cash Price)
- $2.43 Belvidere: Murphy USA 2005 gateway Center Drive (by Walmart)
- $2.48 Loves Park: Road Ranger 6010 E. Riverside
- $2.49 Beloit: Marathon 2760 Prairie Ave
Travel safely this holiday weekend!