Job Seekers in Northern Illinois, NIU is Hiring!
Need to earn some extra cash? Want to be close to the stars? The Convocation Center at NIU has announced they are hiring! They are is looking for fun and outgoing part-time employees. Job seekers must be 18 years or older, and able to work flexible hours including days, nights, weekends, and some Holidays at the NIU Convocation Center or Huskie Stadium. Hours are based only on events, and there is no guarantee of any set hours in a given week. The NIU Convocation Center does not participate in work study programs.
If you are interested, you can come to the NIU Convocation Job Fair Tuesday and Wednesday (July 29-30) from 4pm-8pm. Please use Entrance 2 and bring all necessary ID’s to expedite on-the-spot hiring process.
The following positions are available:
- Student Event Cleaning – Responsible for keeping all areas of the facility in safe, clean condition before, during and after an event.
- Parking - Know Convocation Center parking lots and procedures, assist patrons quickly and direct them to proper parking
- Food Services- Perform outstanding guest services while conducting food service sales transactions.
- Conversions/Stagehands- Performs a multitude of physical tasks to change over the facilities from event to event, including load-in and load-out and operating events.
- Event staffing – An information center who will greet guests, check and tear Job tickets as well as direct patrons to areas in the Convocation Center and Huskie Stadium.
Important, if you plan to attend the job fair, be prepared to show one of the following IDS:
- Picture ID and Original Social Security Card
- Picture ID and Certified copy of your Birth Certificate
Expired ID’s will NOT be accepted. ID’s are necessary to fill out the Federal I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification Form.
Get More detailshere.