Is Another CherryVale Mall Store Shutting Down?
A surprise announcement this weekend by a popular teen retailer has many wondering if the CherryVale Mall location is set to close.
Rue 21 announced they planned to close 400 stores, 15 of which are located in Illinois.
According to WGN, these are the 15 closures:
- Aurora Commons in Aurora
- Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- The Promenade in Bolingbrook
- Fairview Park Plaza in Centralia
- Market Place Shopping Center in Champaign
- Oak Point Centre in Effingham
- Hickory Point Mall in Forsyth
- Jacksonville Shops in Jacksonville
- Yorktown Center in Lombard
- Times Square Mall in Mount Vernon
- Gerry Centennial Plaza in Oswego
- East Court Village in Pekin
- White Oak Mall in Springfield
- Tanger Outlet Center in Tuscola
- Westfield Hawthorn in Vernon Hills
While Illinois is losing 15 Rue 21 stores, it looks like the CherryVale Mall location is currently safe. We followed up with a call to the Rue 21 at the mall. A store representative confirmed "yes" Rue 21 at the CherryVale Mall would remain open.
Top This! The Search For Rockford's Best Pizza