Instead of Pumpkin Pie, Serve One of these Tasty Pumpkin Desserts
Thanksgiving tradition always calls for the standard pumpkin pie to be serve.
Why not shake things up and serve one of these other tasty pumpkin desserts instead.
Now there's nothing wrong with pumpkin pie. I love it but sometimes I get tired of the same old foods at my family's Thanksgiving gathering. And, of course you know me, I'm always trying something new.
These pumpkin desserts would definitely take care of that desire to try something new.
For instance, if you like cheese cake or those whipped type desserts this looks totally yummy: Pumpkin Delight
Or, check out these Top 10 Pumpkin Desserts of Pumpkin Cake Roll, Pumpkin Torte, Pumpkin Pecan Bites, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake, and more.
And last but not least, here's is one that is sure to be a hit in the family, Pumpkin Pie Crunch. Or in my family we call it Pumpkin Goodstuff, because oh yeah it is that good.
In fact, I'm going to be bringing that to our family dinner for Thanksgiving this year.
It's pretty easy to make too, which is always a plus when your hustling around for holiday.
- 1 (18 ounce) packages yellow cake mix ( I use 2/3 of a box)
- 1 (16 ounce) cans solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar ( I use 1 cup)
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted ( I used 1/2 cup)
- whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden. (Check it early).
- Cool completely. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.