How to Have a Perfect Valentine’s Day in Rockford
You guys, Valentine's Day is right around the corner! We'll take the headache out of preparing for the big day by telling you exactly what you need to do, buy and eat in Rockford to make this V-day one for the record books.
I think most women would agree with me when I say you get more points for uniqueness and/or creativity on Valentine's Day than you do for spending big bucks. Rockford is home to soooo many awesome locally owned floral shops, jewelry stores and gift shops that finding a unique and thoughtful gift should be easy, but having the date planned is also key. That's where this list comes in...
Where to Get the local Sweets:
- Chocolat by Daniel
- Sugar Britches
- Sugarjones Bakery
- The Little Chocolatier
- Yolo's Sweets
- Kate's Pie Shop and Record Store
Where to Go for Dinner:
These are the most romantic restaurants in Rockford according to the Q98.5 listeners:
Where to Go for Entertainment: (on February 14)
- In Full Bloom: Orchid Exhibit at Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens
- See 42nd Street at the Coronado Performing Arts Center
- Check out live music from Trinadora at Baci's Kitchen off Perryville
- Take him to the Rockford Auto Show at the Cherryvale Mall
- Enjoy a Valentine's Day and Karaoke Party at Riverfront Museum Park
- Dance the night away to the Harlan Jefferson Bank at Big Al's Bar in Giovanni's.