Holiday Weekend Roundup
No doubt you have a lot of BBQ'ing and fun planned for this holiday weekend, but here's a few more cool things to do in addition to the Rockford fireworks and 4th of July parade!
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. - Intersection of Water and Market Streets in downtown Rockford - Live music, food, beverages, and local goods for sale - Free admission - rockfordcitymarket.com.
- Winnebago 4th of July Family Fest - Friday, 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. - Winnebago High School at 200 E McNair Road in Winnebago - Family friendly festival featuring rides, food, live music, a parade, fireworks and more - Free admission - For complete entertainment lineup go to villageofwinnebago.com.
- Phantom Regiment's 40th Annual Show of Shows - Friday, 7:30 p.m. (gates open at 6 p.m.) - Boylan High School at 4000 St. Francis Drive in Rockford - Witness the art and musical pageantry of some of the best drum and bugle corps in the world - Ticket prices range from $16 to $65 - For more information or to buy tickets online go to regiment.org.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - Located on Riverside Blvd across from Village Green - Featuring the Stateline Country Band and hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - No cover charge, great food and drink specials.
- Riverview Ice House 40th Anniversary Celebration - Saturday, 1 to 4 p.m. - Riverview Ice House at 324 N Madison Street in downtown Rockford - Featuring an open house, tours, free public skating and more - Free to attend - More information here.
Happy 4th of July ya'll!
For a complete list of local fireworks location and times, go here.