Holiday Events in Rockford This Weekend
Now that it's December there seems to be so much holiday fun happening every weekend in Rockford. If you are like me and want to soak up every ounce of local fun this season brings, here's where you need to take the family this weekend.
- Swedish Historical Society of Rockford's Lucia Concert - Friday, December 2 at 7 p.m. at First Lutheran Church. Enjoy a choir of over 30 children singing traditional Swedish and English Christmas songs. Free to attend, but free-will donations are accepted.
- Night At The North Pole - Saturday, December 3 starting at 3 p.m. at Hilton Garden Inn. Treat your family to an overnight stay in Santa's wonderland full of games, parties, crafts and much more.
- Julmarknad (Christmas Market) at Trinity Lutheran Church - Saturday, December 3 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy Swedish foods, vendors, breakfast with Tomte ( Swedish Santa) and much more. Free to attend, but there is a $6 per person fee for breakfast.
- An Art Filled Holiday Happening at Veterans Memorial Hall -Saturday, December 3, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Get your Christmas shopping list taken care of by choosing unique gifts from local artisans and crafters.
- Tour de Frost - Saturday, December 3 at 9 a.m. 20-mile fun bike ride throughout Rockford put on by Team Fur Bandit. Ride starts from the Vitamin Shop at 5946 East State St. at 10 a.m., registration begins at 9 a.m. $40 per rider. Proceeds go to the Rockford Rescue Mission.
- Rockton Christmas Walk - Saturday, December 3 thoughout downtown Rockton. Festivities begin at 7:30 a.m. and continue through the evening. Event features a craft fair, lighting of the park and a lighted Christmas parade at 6 p.m.
- Christmas Concert and Holiday Dessert Buffet - Sunday, December 4 at Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden starting at 2 p.m. Entertainment from local musicians and singers plus tons of delicious desserts, candies and treats from Greenfire Restaurant Bakery. $25 per person for non-members.
Don't forget, there's also month long holiday fun happening at Nicholas Conservatory Gardens, the Festival of Lights at Sinnissippi Gardens, or in downtown Rockford with a stroll through the river lights display.
Merry Christmas, y'all!