Here’s How You Can Help the Victims of the Las Vegas Shooting Right Now
By now, you've probably seen the horrific videos, images and stories coming out of Las Vegas. It was the first thing I heard as I turned on the radio this morning.
At 4:15 am central time there were two confirmed dead, by the time I got to the station that number jumped to 20; and within a matter of another hour it jumped to fifty. As for the injured, that number has jumped from 100 to 400. It's incredibly sad and I simply don't have the words to describe the amount of sadness I feel for everyone involved.
This is the world we live in now; and if you're like me and you're having a hard time finding the words to express what's going through your head and heart during this difficult time, then maybe you could DO something.
Like any other tragedy, there is something you can do from right here in Rockford. Here are some of the best ways you can help the victims of the Las Vegas shooting, right now, according to Bustle:
- Donate blood. The Rock River Valley Blood Center is always taking donations and since the hurricanes that struck Texas, Florida and several island nations in the Caribbean, and the earthquakes in Mexico, their blood supply is critically low. Find out their locations and donations time here.
- Make a donation to the Red Cross.
- You can donate to a local organization in Las Vegas.
- GoFundMe. You can independently seek out crowdfunding efforts by searching in the city of Las Vegas.
- Beware of what you post on social media. If you're going to share a video or an article, make sure it comes from a reputable news source. We want to be the first to share graphic videos and images, but many people aren't prepared to see them; just try to be mindful before you hit "share."
Las Vegas, you're in our thoughts and prayers.