Halloween Trick or Treat Tips [List]
After all this time I've finally come to accept the existence of the “fun-size” candy bar. I don't like it, it does not fill me up, but now, I accept it. The quest for you young trick or treaters --- GET MORE Candy!! With that in mind, it's time for the ever popular candy grab!
Rule #1 - Always trick or treat in a neighborhood you are familiar with!
Here is a list of trick or treating tips for your family.
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Plan a Route in Advance
- Don't wear dark costumes, drivers cannot see you crossing the street
- Make sure costumes don’t drag on the ground
- Carry a flashlight
- Only carry flexible props
- Wear something with a reflector on it.
- Go out before dark-especially for little ones. The big kids tend to flood the streets later at night making it hard for little ones to trick or treat.
- Never go into a strangers house, even if they ask you to come in while they go and get some candy.
- Throw away all homemade or unwrapped treats.
- When walking down the street, have the adult walk closest to the road, and the children closest to the houses.
- Do not run ahead of the adults-its very easy for children to get carried away and accidentally run into the road.
- Do not pet strange animals while trick or treating.
- Do not eat candy as you go.
- Always be nice, even when people do not have any candy to give out.
- Do not knock on doors where the lights are off.